Trap Pond Partners
is a non-profit, all volunteer organization. In September of 2000, we officially partnered with the Division of Parks & Recreation and in January of 2006 we were recognized and approved by the IRS. Most of our membership comes from western Sussex County. As members, we care deeply about preserving Trap Pond State Park's natural and recreational resources for future generations.
Fundraising for Trap Pond State Park
We promote annual fundraisers to help support the Park, such as our:
Supporting Trap Pond State Park
All monies raised are used to benefit Trap Pond State Park. Through the years, Trap Pond Partners has touched all areas of the Park. To name a few…
- Constructed a new, state-of-the-art, playground in the Campground side of the Park.
- Purchased AED machines for the Park
- Purchased bikes for use by the general public at no cost & constructed a shed to house the bikes in.
- Purchased an ATV for Park staff.
- Provided funds for new baskets for Trap Pond’s own disc golf course.
- Provided funds for the lettering on the Bethesda Church which is a historical building recently renovated by Trap Pond staff.
- Provided campsite funding for weekend camp-out for Sussex County children of deployed military personnel.
- Provided scholarship funding for nature programs for area children.
- Partnership with the Laurel Public Library. Trap Pond Partners purchased a display case that we change each month, showcasing Trap Pond State Park and work we are doing to keep it engaging to local youth.
There are many volunteer opportunities for members at Trap Pond State Park. Each year, we participate at Nemours Healthy Kid’s Day, Trap Pond’s renowned Halloween Howl festivities and all events where park staff request our help.